Aputure just released their most powerful light to date – the LS C300d with an output comparable to that of a 2000W tungsten lamp but a quarter of that weight and almost zero heat.
LEDs are quickly becoming the single type of lighting for almost any scenario from small on camera type light to a large studio and even giant cinema lights. The new LS C300d is surely one of the most powerful new lights in the compact travel category but don’t let its size full you – the LS C300d packs some serious punch.
The LS C300d prototype was shown earlier this year at NAB 2017 (we even posted a video on it as part of our coverage of the show) however it took Aputure several months to complete the development and go into full production with this light and we are hoping to have a chance to test it later on.
The new LS C300d LED and some of its accessories
Here are some of the specs and highlights of the new LS C300d:
- 48000 lux @ 0.5m (with included reflector 142000 lux @ 0.5m with fresnel.
- the LS C300d is extremely portable at 2.1kg (4.6 lbs) and only 13.5 inches or 33cm.
- 5500k color temperature with CRI and TLCI rating of 97+.
- Battery Powerable (using 2 V-mount/gold plate batteries).
- Silent smart dual fan (very low sound level).
- Bowens Mount and a whole host of included (and optional accessories).
- Price: $1100 (should be available on B&H soon).
We will be looking into several monitors in the near future so stay tuned for that. If you don’t want to miss any new photography product be sure to check out our product photography section.