Earlier today Swiss-Polish manufacturer Irix announced a new member of its growing family of affordable Cine Lenses the 30mm T1.5 Cine which will soon be available in most popular mount types.
Early in 2020, we looked at another member of the Irix Cine lens family – the Irix 45mm T1.5 and since then the family of lenses grew and now it includes an 11mm T4.3, 15mm T2.6, 45mm T.15, 150mm T3.0 as well as the current 30mm T1.5.
Irix 30mm T1.5 Cine lens specs
- 30mm T1.5 full-frame lens.
- The lens has 10 elements in 5 groups.
- 11 blades aperture.
- 180-degree aperture ring rotation.
- Laser engraved UV markings.
- Dust and water-resistant body with 5 rubber o rings.
- Min focus distance – 34cm.
- 86mm filter.
- Weight 1.2kg.
- Length – 101mm.
- Front magnetic mount (for supported filters).
- Mounts – Sony E, L mount, MFT, Nikon Z, Canon RF, and EF, and well as PL.
- Detachable foot.
Pricing and availability
The lens should be available in the first part of October 2021 and will sell for just under €1,200 (probably around the same in USD).
First Hands-on with the Irix 30mm Cine from around the web
Scott Dumas had a chance to play with the lens for a while and here are some of his early impressions
Our Friends over at DIYPhotography also got to play with an early sample of the lens and shot a few clips
An official video shot with the new lens about the island of Malta