First Look at the DJI Phantom 4 Autonomous Drone
Earlier today DJI announced the newest member of its phantom line the Phantom 4. This new drone has advanced new autonomous flying capabilities as well as
On the video above the guys from the Verge took a first look at the Phantom 4 together with some of the development team from DJI to show some of the new drone’s capabilities.
Here are some of the features of the Phantom 4:
- Object Avoidance– the Phantom 4 has new sensors including a sonar which helps it avoid obstacles (just don’t count on it when you are moving your drone backwards).
- Longer Battery Life/Flight Time– the forth version has 28 min which is several more precious minutes we didn’t have
- Advanced Follow Me Features– using the new camera and sensors the drone cane optically track an object (or a person) on the move.
- Advanced materials – although the new version isn’t lighter it is more aerodynamics and more robust.
- Better image quality – the new drone has a better camera and a better lens with some new optics. The resolution is now 4K @ 30p and 1080p at 120p.
Official DJI Phantom 4 video
The new Phantom 4 will cost $1400 and you can order one from the DJI website.
If you don’t want to miss any new photography product be sure to check out our product photography section on our photo gear channel.