Earlier today Nikon announced its newest member of the 1 series of mirrorless cameras – the Nikon 1 V3.
The new camera represents the top of Nikon’s mirrorless line – it includes a new 18MP sensor, a new fast processor capable of up to 20 frames per second burst with AF and advanced video modes (including 1080p 60p and a 720p mode up to 120p slow motion for 12 seconds).
Nikon also added in the (quite expensive) kit of the V3 an external high res viewfinder and a grip (with no battery but with improved ergonomics and an extra bottom).
Some specs of the Nikon 1 V3:
- Sensor: 18.4-megapixel CX-format (1 inch) CMOS sensor without an AA filter.
- Processor: Expeed 4a.
- 160 and 12,800 I
- LCD: 3-inch, 1.037M-dot 180-degree tiltable touchscreen screen.
- Viewfinder: Optional 2.359M-Dot electronic viewfinder.
- Shooting speed: 20fps with AF tracking, up to 40 shots with electronic shutter (up to 6fps for up to 50 shots with mechanical shutter).
- Auto focus: fast AF system with 171 contrast detect points and 105 phase detect points.
- Video: 1080p 30/60p and 120fps slow-motion 720p video capability.
- Connectivity: WiFi.
- Price: The 1 V3 + NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD-ZOOM Lens + Electronic Viewfinder and Grip will cost you just under $1200 (at B&H).
Behind the scenes with Davis Bell and the new Nikon 1 V3
Video sample from the Nikon 1 V3 including slow motion