New: Samyang 10mm 1:2.8 Ultra Wide Lens
Yesterday Korean manufacturer Samyang (Rokinon in the U.S.) announced a new ultra wide angle lens for APS-C (and micro 4/3) cameras. Like all other Samyang lenses, the new 10mm 1:2.8 ED AS NCS CS is a manual focus lens. Here are a few specs for the lens:
- 10mm, f/2.8 with APS-C coverage.
- 14 elements with 10 groups including 2 aspherical elements and 1 ED.
- Nano coating (a first for Samyang).
- Weight – 580g-620g depending on the mount.
- 25 cm minimum focus distance.
- Mounts: Canon, Fuji, Nikon, Pentax, Samsung and Sony E as well as Micro 4/3.
- Price – 470 Euros (starting January 2014).
We have seen an earlier prototype of this lens last year in Photokina 2012 but since than Samyang made some improvements including adding nano coating and a integrated hood – both nice touches. We are still asking when will this very good optical manufacturer start producing lenses with AF – its almost 2014…
The new Samyang 10mm 1:2.8 ED AS NCS CS