Panasonic GX85/GX80 Hands-On Review
On this video Chris Niccolls and Jordan Drake from from the Camera Store in Canada take a look at the the new Panasonic GX85.
The new Panasonic’s compact mirrorless camera blend of the the G7 and GX8. It has a new 16MP sensor with no AA filter, a pretty useful 5-axis stabilizer, 4K video and more. It is lacking in some respects like no sound input to to mention headphone jack (so if you do want decent sound you need to record externally, the buffer is also pretty small).
Here are some of the main features of the GX85:
- A brand new 16MP Live MOS sensor with no AA filter.
- Viewfinder: High res 2.7M dot EVF (but no Flip-up like the GX8).
- New shutter mechanism – quieter than before.
- 3″ articulated touch OLED display with over 1 million dots.
- Venus Engine processor (same as the GX8).
- 5-axis image stabilization
- Video: 4k @30p/24p (but with a crop), 1080 video at 60p/60i/24p (MP4 or AVCHD format).Continuous shooting: 8 fps with AF tracking.
- 290 shot battery life.
- Wi-Fi , NFC and QR code connection.
- Weight – 426g.
- Price – $800- body & kit lens (12-32mm) (available at Amazon).