During the MWC mobile expo taking place in Barcelona this week, Sony unveiled its latest smartphone – the Xperia Z2. This new model has an array of advanced camera features that are going to appeal to many mobile photographers when it will arrive to the market next month.
Some specs of the Xperia Z2:
- 5.2-inch 1080p TRILUMINOS IPS display.
- Snapdragon 801 2.3GHz quad-core 4G LTE.
- 3GB RAM.
- 16GB of internal storage with microSD.
- 1/2.3″ 20.7 MP Exmor RS for mobile image sensor with a 27mm equivalent (in 35mm) stabilized wide angle f/2.0 G lens.
- 4K video capability and many new video and still features including background defocus tool, slow-motion video and many creative effects.
- Dedicated physical camera bottom on the right side.
- BIONZ mobile image-processing engine.
- Slow motion video capability (120 fps).
- Digital noise cancelling technology built in.
- IP55/IP58 water resistant rating.
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi, GPS, NFC, MHL.
- Battery: 3,000mAh (in some regions 3,200mAh).
- OS: Android 4.4 KitKat.
- Availability: March 2014 (pricing – unannounced).
Above – Andrew Hoyle from Cnet taking a quick look at the Sony Xperia Z2.
A SNGL official video from Sony talking about the new Xperia Z2 and its accesories