How to Use the (Free) Nik Filters in Photoshop
Not every day do we get a full collection of a commercial software that used to cost quite a bit of money not too long ago – for free (please thank Google). On this video Aaron Nace from Phlearn demonstrates how to install and use the Nik filters which are now completely free for download with Photoshop.
So let’s start with a download link so you can download, install and follow this tutorial. Now that you have the software installed here are all te different filter sets that you get and Nace explain how to use them:
- Analog Efex Pro – Look and feel of classic cameras, films, and lenses.
- Silver Efex Pro – Master the art of black-and-white photography with darkroom-inspired controls.
- HDR Efex Pro – Explore the full potential of HDR photography.
- Dfine – Improve your images with noise reduction tailored to your camera.
- Color Efex Pro – A comprehensive set of filters for color correction, retouching, and creative effects.
- Viveza – Selectively adjust the color and tonality of your images without complicated masks or selections.
- Sharpener Pro – Bring out hidden details consistently with the professional’s choice for image sharpening.