What’s New in Photoshop CC 2017
Earlier today Adobe announced several new software including the latest version of Photoshop entitled Photoshop CC 2017 which brings a number of new features and some improvements.
One the video above video Colin Smith from PhotoshopCAFE takes a look at some of these new features including the updated face aware liquify, select and mask, the new universal search, and new templates.
The Photoshop CC 2017 update is relatively minor and doesn’t seem to be heavily focused on photographers although some of the features might be useful for both designers and photographers.
Here is a list (from the Adobe Blogs – see link below):
- In-App Search: Quickly search Photoshop tools, panels, menus, Adobe Stock assets, help content and tutorials from within Photoshop using a new search panel that’s right at your fingertips. Hit CMD+F (or Ctrl+F on Windows) to launch it, or click on the new search symbol in the upper right corner of the application frame and give it a try.
- Get started faster: Jump-start design projects with easy access to presets as well as free Adobe Stock templates that you can access right from File > New.
- Stock templates, 3D objects and search: Adobe Stock marketplace now includes templates and 3D objects.
- Enhanced Properties panel: The Properties panel now displays information about common layer types as well as the document, so it’s easier to make precise adjustments.
- Support for SVG color fonts: Access any SVG font installed on your system from the Photoshop Font menu. Great for responsive design, SVG fonts support multiple colors and gradients and they can be raster or vector. To celebrate this major step forward in fonts in Photoshop we are including two new free SVG fonts to get you started: EmojiOne and Trajan Color Pro. They are pre-loaded in Photoshop CC 2017 release and you will find them in the Type tool’s font drop down menu.
New Creative Cloud Libraries capabilities:
- Libraries in Photoshop now support Adobe Stock templates.
- You can now find similar images on Adobe Stock via the updated Libraries panel and you can drag and drop Stock search results from your Library panel right onto your canvas to start using them right away.
- Right-click on a stock image to do a visual search for similar images.
- Plus, Send Link has been updated so you can share read-only access to a public library. When you follow a library, it appears in your Library panel and updates automatically.
You can check out the full list as well as info on the changes to other Adobe products announced today on the Adobe blogs website.
The following are a few official videos by Adobe with Julieanne Kost about some of the main features of Photoshop CC 2017.
Hidden Gems in Photoshop CC 2017
Libraries and Adobe Stock in Photoshop CC 2017
Photoshop 2017 new search
Creating New Documents, Presets, and Templates in Photoshop CC 2017