On this video Photoshop expert Jesús Ramirez (from the Photoshop training channel) gives 5 useful tips that most users of Photoshop are not familiar with – see if you know them already.
Photoshop is a complex software with endless options, so even long time experts can learn a new trick every now and again. In this video Ramirez tries to give five tricks like these- here is the list:
- Advanced Blending Options – Uncheck “Transparency Shapes Layer” in the Layer Styles panel to make pixels blend differently when using blend modes.
- Precise Flare Window – You can bring up a special “Precise Flare Center” window to add a lens flare to exact locations in your photo.
- High Contrast Clouds – Instead of the usual clouds layer you get when you render clouds, you can render high contrast clouds.
- Black and White Adjustment Layer For Color Control – You can use a Black and White Adjustment Layer to control the luminance values of specific colors in your photo.
- Open One Image In Two Windows – You can have the same photo open in two windows that are side-by-side, with one view zoomed in and one view zoomed out.
As non Photoshop experts all 5 were new to us but you might fair otherwise. We feel that the 4’th trick – on using black and white adjustment layer for color control – is possibly the most useful for retouchers and photographers. The 5’th is also useful – especially if you have two screens.