Sony Alpha A3000 & NEX-5T Preview
Sony Announced today 2 new cameras and 3 new lenses (along with Zeiss). The first is a new kind of Sony Alpha camera family: the α3000. The α3000 is a new type of “hybrid” camera – a DSLR-like body with a mirrorless technology (just like the NEX series). The α3000 is a very basic camera with basic 3″ LCD and low res EVF alongside a 20.1 MP APS-C sensor.
The NEX-5T is a new revision of the existing NEX-5R mirrorless camera with a built in NFC chip (which allows for easy and fast wireless share/content capability between compatible devices such as mobile phones and tablets).
On this video Olivia and Kenta from Sony SGNL preview the two new cameras.
- The A3000 will cost be $400 with the 18-55mm kit lens (pre-order at B&H).
- The NEX-5T will cost be $700 with the 16-50 power zoom kit lens (pre-order at B&H).
Sony also announced 3 interesting lenses (one of them with a Zeiss branding) – all with an E-mount:
- Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* 16-70mm F4 – going for $1000 (pre-order B&H).
- Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS – going for $600 (pre-order at B&H).
- Sony E 50mm F1.8 – a new black version – going for $300 (pre-order at B&H).