A Guide to (Inexpensive) Essential Filmmaking Gear
If you are getting into making videos or actual productions there are quite a few pieces of gear that you will need with you at all times. The following two videos bring you a list of different types of dirt cheap accessories that you would not want to find yourself without.
The first video (above), by Hugh Sullivan (videographer for the Herald-Review) includes quite a few good tips for items that he uses and recommends – here is the list:
- Hot Shoe Three Axis Triple Bubble Spirit Level – $11 on Amazon.
- Carson Stuff-It Microfiber Lens Cloth, Black – $5. on Amazon.
- Utili-Key 6-in-1 Tool – $8 on Amazon.
- Graph Gripper Pattern Holder – $6 on Amazon.
- Headphone belt clip: – $9 on Amazon.
- Single earbud headphone: $17 on Amazon.
- Sennheiser HD-280 PRO Headphones: $90 on Amazon.
- Gaffers tape: $20 on Amazon.
- Stanley Fat Max toolbox: $100 on Amazon.
The second video by Caleb Pike from DSLR Video Shooter:
You can find the entire list of gear on Pike’s website.
More guides on photographic gear can be found on our photography gear guides – here on LensVid.