First Look at the Atomos Shinobi 4K 5-inch HDR Monitor
Earlier today Atomos announced a new 5-inch monitor called Shinobi. This new model is very similar to the Ninja V which was introduced last year but without the recorder aspect and with a significantly reduced part.
For users who have no need for a recorder or need a secondary monitor to complement their existing recorder, the Shinobi is an interesting option. It offers the same high brightness (1000 cd/m²) as the Ninja V but with a simpler, lighter body and significantly reduced cost without losing all the advanced display functionality/usability.
Above you can see Wex Photographic’s look at the new Shinobi monitor. Do note that the new monitor does not have the Ninja V accessory port it also has just an HDMI input and no HDMI output like the Ninja V (so you can’t chain another monitor to this one).
Here are some of the specs of the Atomos Shinobi
- 1920 x 1080 resolution touch display
- 10-Bit exterior viewable LCD
- 4K HDMI Input (up to 4K 30p)
- 1000 cd/m² Brightness
- AtomHDR Mode with 10-Stop dynamic range
- Supports a different type of Log formats from different camera manufacturers
- Support Sony L-Series batteries
- The Shinobi monitor can be calibrated using X-Rite’s i1DisplayPro for ongoing accurate HDR and Rec709 monitoring
- Weight – 6.91 oz / 196 g
- Price – $400
PROAV TV look at the new Atomos Shinobi
Fenchel & Janisch look at the new Atomos monitor
If you don’t want to miss any new photography product be sure to check out our product photography section on our photo gear channel.