Gear Guide: Best Monopods for Video
Monopods can be very useful tools for video work. On the B&H video above, Mia McCormick (from Kelby Training) discuss four popular monopods for shooting HDSLR and how they differ from one another.
Mia starts with some key differences between monopods and tripods and more particularly monopods made especially for video which in many cases includes 3 small legs. She than goes on to talk about four different monopods for video:
- Benro A38FBS2 (around $150).
- Benro A48FBS6 – (around $250).
- Manfrotto Fluid monopod – (around $280).
- Sirui P-204S – (around $160).
If you are looking for some cheaper options, videographer Caleb Pike had a video back in 2012 covering 5 relatively inexpensive monopods:
Here is a list of the models he is talking about:
- Slik Monopod (Pike uses the Manfrotto 128LP Micro Fluid Head with this monopod).
- Velbon UP-400DX 4.
- Acebil MP-60V(N).
- Manfrotto 560B-1.
- Manfrotto 561BHDV-1 (now discontinued).
More guides and comparisons of photographic gear can be found on our photography gear guides – here on LensVid.