CES 2014 is here and with it lots and lots of interesting cameras, and accessories. Mia McCormick from Kelby Media Group spent some time with the new Sony FDR AX100 4K Consumer Camcorder which was announced this week and brings 4K to the palm of your hand in a compact yet powerful camcorder with a large sensor.
The 4K AX100 Handcam from Sony – 4K in the palm of your Hand
Here are some of the specs of the new Sony FDR AX100 4K:
- 1″ Exmor R CMOS sensor with direct pixel readout.
- 4K/30p video (14MP video and 20MP still image capture).
- XAVC-S, AVCHD and MP4 codecs.
- Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* lens with 12x optical zoom (F2.8-F4.5) with image stabilization.
- BIONZ X Processor for up to 120 fps recording
- High contrast 0.39″ OLED EVF
- 3.5″ XtraFine LCD (921K).
- Smartphone connectivity via Wi-Fi/NFC.
- Price: just under $2000 (you can pre-order it now on B&H).