Sony Zeiss Distagon T* FE 35mm f/1.4 ZA Hands On Review
Richard Sibley from the U.K. website amateurphotographer had a chance to look at the new Sony Zeiss Distagon T* FE 35mm f/1.4 ZA announced last week and came back with some pretty positive things to say.
Until recently the Sony A7 line of cameras suffered from a very small selection of AF lenses. This is a shame as these cameras have brought the Sony mirrorless line to a completely new place in terms of image quality – competing head to head with the best DSLRs on the market.
The Sony Zeiss Distagon T* FE 35mm f/1.4 ZA
Sony is fully aware of this drawback and is doing lots of efforts to bring new, high quality lenses for the FE mount. Last week they announced together with Zeiss a new fast prime – the Sony Zeiss Distagon T* FE 35mm f/1.4 ZA. Here are some of it’s main specs:
- Focal length/aperture – 35mm f/1.4.
- Constriction – 12 elements in 8 groups.
- Aperture blades – 9.
- Min focus distance – 30cm.
- Filter – 72mm
- Weight – 630 grams
- Price – $1600 (amazon).
Steve Huff also did a hands on review Zeiss 35 1.4 FE (with some more positive look at the lens)
Along with the Sony Zeiss Distagon T* FE 35mm f/1.4 ZA, Sony also announced several other lenses for the FE mount including:
- FE 90mm f/2.8 Macro G OSS – stabilized 90mm f/2.8 macro lens. $1100.
- FE 24–240mm f/3.5–6.3 OSS – 10x zoom lens with wide angle (24mm). $1000.
- FE 28mm f/2 – fast wide angle lens with two optional converters – see below. $450.
- Ultra wide converter – 21mm (f/2.8). $300.
- Fisheye converter – 16mm fisheye f/3.5. $250.
If you don’t want to miss any new photography product be sure to check out our product photography section on our photo gear channel.