During Photokina 2018 Manfrotto unveiled a large number of new products including two new pro video tripods (and two kits with Nitrotech heads) and we had a chance to take a first look at them.
The new family of carbon fiber twin leg video tripods brings a number of new improvements to Manfrotto’s line of pro-level video tripods including increased capacity and increased sturdiness a new design for the spreader and quick and simple leg lock mechanism.
The new Manfrotto twin leg carbon fiber tripods with N8 and N12 Nitrotech heads in Photokina
Here are some of the main features of the new tripods:
- 44.1 lb / 20.00 kg load capacity.
- Min Height: 23.03″ (58cm) Maximum Height: 60.24 (153cm); Folds down to 27.17″ (69cm).
- Weight: 6.61 Pounds (3kg).
- Dual Spiked Feet.
- Newly integrated lever locks for increased stability.
- Made from carbon fiber.
- The included adapter ring can be removed and a user can re-attach it with 3 mounting screws. Attaching the adapter converts the 100mm bowl into a 75mm bowl.
- Has a newly designed ground or mid-level spreader (two different models one for studio and one for outdoor terrain).
Both the new ground and mid-level spreader leg versions are already available for purchase for $700; You can also get them as a kit with the Nitrotech N8 head for $1060 or with the Nitrotech N12 for $1200.
We are hoping to test these new leg system and the N8 head in early 2019 and have a review ready for you.
The get all of our videos and interviews from Photokina don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel and you will be able to find all of the articles from Photokina 2018 on this link on LensVid.