Pentax K3 First Look Preview
A few hours ago Pentax announced a new advanced DSLR which is aimed to compete with the Nikon D7100 and the Canon 70D. The new Pentax K3 brings several new improvements and a host of advanced features including:
- A 24.4 Megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor from Sony with no physical AA filer.
- Sensor-shift image stabilization (up to 4 stops – previously rated at 3 stops).
- AA (Anti-aliasing) ‘simulator’ (using the Sensor-shift – first technology of its kind).
- ISO range 80-51,200.
- SAFOX 11 TTL Autofocus system with 27-point (25 are cross-type).
- New 86,000 pixel metering system.
- Shutter speed range of 30-1/8000s.
- 3.2-inch LCD – high resolution (1.037k dots).
- Large pentaprism optical viewfinder (0.95x magnification, 100% coverage).
- 8.3 fps continuous shooting.
- 1080p video recording (in 60i, 30p, 24p) with Headphone, microphone ports for sound monitoring and recording.
- Dual SD/SDXC card slots.
- USB 3.0 support – second only to the D800.
- Optional FLU wireless control.
- Built-in electronic level.
- Extensive environmental sealing with 92 seals and Magnesium alloy construction.
- Weighs 800g (1.76 lb / 28.22 oz).
- Price: $1300 body only (pre order on B&H).
The video above from the guys of the British magazine What Digital Camera (what’s with the name?) is a quick preview of the new camera.
A few images of the Pentax K3
You can find out many more product announcements, previews and reviews on our photography gear section here on LensVid.