Zeiss Milvus 1.4/35 Announced
On Wednsday, Zeiss announced a new lens in its Milvus line – the Milvus 1.4/35 which Zeiss claim should be “immune” to chromatic aberration.
In case you forgot the Milvus line of lenses is considered the new “regular” line for DSLR (Canon/Nikon), manual lenses, with d-click option, weather proof, with the same image quality throughout the line. The new lens is the 10’th lens in this line (you can find more info on all of Zeiss lens lines in our Zeiss Photokina 2016 interview).
The Zeiss Milvus 1.4/35
So what can we say about the new Zeiss Milvus 1.4/35? here are the basic specs:
- a 35mm full frame coverage lens (Canon and Nikon mounts) with f/1.4 aperture.
- Construction – 14 elements in 11 groups.
- Aperture blades – 9 rounded.
- Min focus distance – 30 cm.
- Weight – 39.9 ounces (1,131 grams) or 41.4 ounces (1,174 grams) depending on the mount.
- Filter- 72mm.
- The lens will be available in August 2017 and will be priced just under $2000.
If you don’t want to miss any new photography product be sure to check out our product photography section on our photo gear channel.