10 Best and Worst Things in Photoshop CC
On this very extensive video tutorial by portrait photographer Nathaniel Dodson (from the website tutvid) we take a look at 10 of what he sees as the best (as well as the worst) things that are included in the current version of Photoshop CC.
This good and bad list of some of the features of Photoshop CC includes pretty common stuff like curves and far less known stuff like overscroll.
Here is the full list divided into the specific part in the (long) video:
- 00:59 Curves
- 02:05 Smart Objects
- 06:11 Adjustment Layers
- 08:39 The Pen Tool
- 09:35 Save Selections
- 10:59 Masking
- 14:29 Quick Mask Mode
- 16:36 Rotate View Tool
- 18:22 Overscroll
- 20:22 Smart Guides & The Pixel Grid
- 22:48 BONUS: Close All (Apply don’t save)
- 24:03 Default EVERYTHING
- 24:28 Advanced Retouching Course Promo (just because)
- 26:29 Non-Scaling Layer Styles
- 29:10 Magnetic Lasso Tool
- 30:01 Content-Aware Move Tool
- 31:27 Reshuffling Open Files in Tab Bar
- 32:44 Browse in Bridge Button
- 33:34 No Good Way to Measure
- 35:34 Copy CSS
- 36:49 New Save For Web Location
- 38:15 Terrible for UI Designers.
- 40:23 BONUS: Actions Panel is Archaic
- 41:41 DOUBLE BONUS: New “Start” Menu in Photoshop
We shall mention that we feel that the “new” (not so new now – about 7 months old) workspace mechanism is really confusing and quite annoying (we are really missing a default option that will give us all the tools (and yes we know we can probably create and save this as a setting – but this should have been the default in our view).