In this video, photographer Jay P. Morgan (from the Slanted Lens) gives some good tips for those who are looking for shooting simple but professional corporate images.
Morgan has some general tips which are not directly photographic but help prepping a talent for a photo shoot, (whether that person is an employee from the client company or a paid model/actor):
1. Have them bring several options for clothing.
2. Make sure clothes are clean and pressed; bring an iron or steamer with you (other options for making them tight can be seen on the video as well).
3. Talent should be well groomed.
4. Make a conscious decision about facial hair with the client and the talent.
5. Have the talent bring personal grooming supplies, from toothbrushes to razors.
Morgan also mentions several things the talent need to provide or be able to do as well as things that you as the photographer need to help him/her perform:
1. The talent need to look directly into the camera.
2. The talent need to have a comfortable smile.
3. You should help the talent feel comfortable by engaging in conversation.
4. You should always give positive encouragement to help the shooting process.
This isn’t the first time Morgan looks at shooting corporate images including “Simple Corporate Portraits: A Lighting Tutorial with Tips“, “Creating the Perfect Two Light Executive Portrait“, and “Combining Daylight with LED Lights“.
You can find all of Jay P. Morgan’s videos here on LensVid on the following link.