The Best iOS Apps for Filmmakers
Videographer Bart Johnson tested countless iOS apps for videographers including many useful tools and in this video he summarized 13 of the best ones he ran across.
There are so many ways a smartphone can help you with your film or video projects and this video takes a look at how this could be done on the iPhone or iPad (sadly no Android apps on this one guys).
Here are the links to the apps Johnson talks about in the video – keep in mind that some of them are paid apps:
- Scripts Pro ($8) – screen-writing app.
- Storyboard Composer HD – ($30) – iPhone/iPad – super powerful storyboard app.
- Shot Lister – ($14) – scheduling and organizing app.
- AJA Data Calc – (Free!) – helps calculate how much space/mins your shoot is going to take.
- Cadrage Director’s Viewfinder – ($11) – see how your lens will look on a particular body.
- QRSlate (Free!) – slate app.
- The Black and Blue Pocket Guides – ($1) – virtual guides to many pro cameras.
- Sun Surveyor ($10) – tracks the movement of the sun during the day.
- Green Screener – ($10) – helps you to light a green screen.
- VFX Screens – (Free!) – “green screen for your phone”.
- Timelapsical – (Free!) timelapse app.
- Sky Guide – ($3) – augmented reality viewer for the night sky/timelapse.
- Lenstag – (Free!) – catalogue your gear and S/N.
You can check out more software and apps for photographers and videographares here on LensVid’s software channel.