Tips for How to Get More Sales and How to Get Found Online in Photography
In this video, photographer Jay P. Morgan from the Slanted Lens and business consultant Adelaide Lawren take a look at how to get more sales in your photography or videography business and how to get your services found.
If you are just starting your photography business (or even if you are a veteran but you never had enough time to spend on your online side of promoting your business) there are a few things that you can do that might help you promote your site better and eventually get more customers.
Here are a few pointers from the video:
- Google can’t see the pictures in your site – add info about the image and yourself in the image metadata on each and every image you post on your website (you can do it using Lightroom or free software such as photome).
- Change your portfolio to add more text which tells your potential clients a bit about yourself and your special style of shooting.
- If you are a wedding photographer you can break your portfolio into segments covering different parts of the wedding (reception, wedding cake, throwing the bouquet etc.) and showing a number of styles you have covered this part of the wedding which can appeal to different types of customers – adding text here on how you approach these types of the wedding can also help.
- Another thing which can add in this respect is linking those different segments into a blog post you wrote on the topic (content was, is and always will be king online – don’t forget that).
- Those tips are great for wedding photographers but keep in mind that if you are a commercial photographer, you will probably be better of with a more traditional approach to your portfolio since art directors are the ones who typically create their own visual vision and they know what they want and would like to pick you to create this vision for them.
- Add a “call for action” on your site – a link saying “book a shoot!” or even join your facebook/newsletter/instagram that will help you keep in touch with them.
You can find all of Jay P. Morgan’s videos here on LensVid on the following link.