Nikon – Pure Photography: Part 2 (Teaser Video)
This short video, released by Nikon Asia is the second in a series of teaser videos for what is most probably a new full frame retro camera (some mention that it might look similar to the old Nikon FM2 camera).
If we should believe what our good friends from NikonRumors are saying, the new camera will be called Nikon DF (and probably not D4H like previously mentioned) here is a partial list of potential specs for it (the camera should be announced in the next few weeks):
- Will most probably have the same 16MP full frame sensor as the D4 (but with no AA filter).
- Has a a EVF/OVF hybrid viewfinder (Nikon filed a patent on this technology a while back and Fujifilm has a similar technology on its X-PRO1 and X100 lines).
- New hybrid mechanical shutter (does the hybrid stands for mechanical+electronic isn’t clear at this point).
- Uses a EN-EL15 battery
- Includes a high-res 3″ LCD display.
- Can be used as true mirror lock up for non-AI lenses while still allowing viewing through view finder.
- Expeed 3A processor (interestingly not the new Expeed 4 introduced in the D5300).
- Color: Black, Black/Sliver and Chrome version will be available.
- Price: $3,000 for body only, $3,300 for a kit with the new upcoming 50mm f/1.8G lens specifically designed for the camera.
This video (like the one posted two days ago) does not tell us much apart from a very (very) brief look at the camera with very little visible info.
We shall be looking out for the next videos in this series (there should be 3 more) and of course the full release of the camera – very soon.