Nikon – Pure Photography: Parts 3-6 (Teaser Videos)
Nikon will announce tomorrow the new DF full frame retro camera. This will happen after all 6 teaser videos from the “pure photography” campaign have been released over the past week or so (we have already posted here part 1 and part 2).
Here is a quick reminder on what we know about the Nikon DF (thanks to our friends at NikonRumors).
- Will most probably have the same 16MP full frame sensor as the D4 (but with no AA filter).
- Has a a EVF/OVF hybrid viewfinder (Nikon filed a patent on this technology a while back and Fujifilm has a similar technology on its X-PRO1 and X100 lines).
- New hybrid mechanical shutter (does the hybrid stands for mechanical+electronic isn’t clear at this point).
- Uses a EN-EL15 battery
- Includes a high-res 3″ LCD display.
- Can be used as true mirror lock up for non-AI lenses while still allowing viewing through view finder.
- Lots of manual controls.
- Expeed 3A processor (interestingly not the new Expeed 4 introduced in the D5300).
- Price: $3,000 for body only, $3,300 for a kit with the new upcoming 50mm f/1.8G lens specifically designed for the camera (new information might indicate a lower price – set between the D610 and the D800).
We shall know much more tomorrow when the camera is officially announced.