Earlier today Canon announced several new products for the upcoming photography exhibit Photokina 2014 that will open tomorrow in Germany.
The video above shows Scott and Matt (from Kelby One) who had a chance to play a bit with the new 7D MKII and got back very excited.
The all new 7D MKII
Here are some of the specs of the new Canon EOS 7D MKII:
- Sensor: 20.2 Megapixel APS-C Sensor with Dual-Pixel AF.
- Processor – Dual Digic 6.
- ISO from 100 to 16000 (Expandable to 51200).
- Continuous shooting – 10 Frames per second (31 RAW / 1000+ JPEG buffer).
- Auto focus: new 65 points all cross-type 65 focusing system (the most advanced on the market).
- 1080p HD Video @60p with All-I, IPB, IPB-Lite.
- Built In GPS and Compass (but no WIFI).
- Customizable Viewfinder Display
- Magnesium Alloy Body and improved weather sealing.
- Dual Card Slots (CF&SD)
- Price: $1800 starting from November 2014.
A few more 7D MKII images
This time we are simply going to let the many (many) videos released today do the talking.
Matt from Wex Photographic talks to Dave from Canon U.K. talks about the new 7D MKII
B&H quick look at the 7D MKII
Canon also announced a small compact camera that will compete directly with the Sony RX100 III – the new Powershot G7X. This tiny camera has a 1″ sensor (just like the Sony – but smaller than the newly announced LX100 from Panasonic) with a twist – a longer 24-100mm (35mm equivalent) fast (f/1.8-f/2.8) lens.
CNET quick look at the G7X
B&H look at the new Canon PowerShot G7X
A few specs of the PowerShot G7X
- 1 inch 20MP CMOS sensor.
- Lens: 24-100mm (equivalent in 35mm) f/1.8-2.8 with image stabilization.
- DIGIC6 processor.
- 31 points AF. touch AF.
- LCD 3″ touch (180 angle) tilting. 1.04 million dots screen.
- Built-in flash and exposure compensation dial as well as control ring.
- Built in ND filter.
- Wi-Fi / NFC.
- Price: $700.
Finally here is a quick look at the 3 new lenses Canon announced today:
If you don’t want to miss any new photography product be sure to check out our product photography section on our photo gear channel.