The largest photo show in Japan just opened and we are rewarded with a whole host of new lenses from almost all manufacturers (very few new cameras this year though). We try and bring you a full list of what we know of in this article.
- Canon – along with the EOS-RP Canon introduced not too long ago 6 upcoming RF lenses including the following (which are all shown in the video above):
- RF 85mm F1.2 L USM – a fast portrait prime lens.
- RF 85mm F1.2 L USM DS – this is a second 85mm f/1.2 but with Defocus Smoothing lens technology for smooth defocused bokeh (Fujifilm and some other manufacturers have similar modern lenses).
- RF 24-70mm F2.8 L IS USM – one of the three main pro zoom lenses announced.
- RF 15-35mm F2.8 L IS USM – The second (wider) pro zoon with a very similar external design.
- RF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM – The most interesting design of the three zoom lenses, this one is very compact and is said to be the fastest in terms of AF.
- RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM – a compact superzoom lens.
- Nikon – Nikon introduced the new Nikon Z 24-70 mm f/2.8 S lens and also showcased a long list of new and upcoming Z mount lenses including:
- Nikkor Z 24mm f/1.8 S (coming in 2019)
- Nikkor Z 58mm f/0.95 Noct (coming in 2019)
- Nikkor Z 85mm f/1.8 S (coming in 2019)
- Nikkor Z 70-200mm f/2.8 S (coming in 2019)
- Nikkor Z 20mm f/1.8 S (coming in 2020)
- Nikkor Z 50mm f/1.2 S (coming in 2020)
- Nikkor Z 14-24mm f/2.8 S (coming in 2020)
A quick look at the upcoming 58mm f/0.95 Noct at CP+ 2019