CP+ 2019: Lenses, Lenses and More Lenses
The largest photo show in Japan just opened and we are rewarded with a whole host of new lenses from almost all manufacturers (very few new cameras this year though). We try and bring you a full list of what we know of in this article.
- Canon – along with the EOS-RP Canon introduced not too long ago 6 upcoming RF lenses including the following (which are all shown in the video above):
- RF 85mm F1.2 L USM – a fast portrait prime lens.
- RF 85mm F1.2 L USM DS – this is a second 85mm f/1.2 but with Defocus Smoothing lens technology for smooth defocused bokeh (Fujifilm and some other manufacturers have similar modern lenses).
- RF 24-70mm F2.8 L IS USM – one of the three main pro zoom lenses announced.
- RF 15-35mm F2.8 L IS USM – The second (wider) pro zoon with a very similar external design.
- RF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM – The most interesting design of the three zoom lenses, this one is very compact and is said to be the fastest in terms of AF.
- RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM – a compact superzoom lens.
- Nikon – Nikon introduced the new Nikon Z 24-70 mm f/2.8 S lens and also showcased a long list of new and upcoming Z mount lenses including:
- Nikkor Z 24mm f/1.8 S (coming in 2019)
- Nikkor Z 58mm f/0.95 Noct (coming in 2019)
- Nikkor Z 85mm f/1.8 S (coming in 2019)
- Nikkor Z 70-200mm f/2.8 S (coming in 2019)
- Nikkor Z 20mm f/1.8 S (coming in 2020)
- Nikkor Z 50mm f/1.2 S (coming in 2020)
- Nikkor Z 14-24mm f/2.8 S (coming in 2020)
A quick look at the upcoming 58mm f/0.95 Noct at CP+ 2019
- Sony – Introduced the new fast prime 135mm F1.8 GM just a few days ago. You can check out our article about it with videos – here.
- Panasonic – Showcased the S1 and S1R as well as the 3 initial lenses to be released alongside them:
- Lumix S Pro 50mm f/1.4
- Lumix S Pro 70-200mm f/4 OIS
- Lumix S 24-105mm f/4 Macro OIS
- Sigma – Sigma announced that they will have L mount of all their prime art lenses later in 2019 (the upcoming 60.9-megapixel Foveon sensor full-frame camera Sigma promised with L-mount was pushed back to 2020):
- Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM | Art L-mount Lens
- Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM | Art L-mount Lens
- Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM | Art L-mount Lens
- Release date in October-November, 2019:
- Sigma 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM | Art L-mount Lens
- Sigma 20mm f/1.4 DG HSM | Art L-mount Lens
- Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM | Art L-mount Lens
- Sigma 135mm f/1.8 DG HSM | Art L-mount Lens
Release date in December 2019:
- Sigma 28mm f/1.4 DG HSM | Art L-mount Lens
- Sigma 40mm f/1.4 DG HSM | Art L-mount Lens
- Sigma 105mm f/1.4 DG HSM | Art L-mount Lens
- Sigma 70mm f/2.8 DG Macro | Art L-mount Lens
Sigma will also release three more crop sensor L-mount after January, 2020:
- Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC L-mount Lens
- Sigma 30mm f/1.4 DC L-mount Lens
- Sigma 56mm f/1.4 DC L-mount Lens
- Tamron – introduced 3 new lenses just before the show in Japan including:
- SP 35mm F1.4 Di USD for EF/F mounts
- 35-150mm F2.8-4 Di VC OSD for EF/F mounts
- 17-28mm F2.8 Di III RXD for Sony FE mount
The new SP 35mm F1.4 Di USD, 35-150mm F2.8-4 Di VC OSD, 17-28mm F2.8 Di III RXD lenses at CP+
- Samyang/Rokinon – Introduced the new XP 10mm f/3.5 ultra wide angle lens for Canon EF and Nikon F. There will also be new 14mm f/2.8 and the 85mm f/1.4 primes in RF and Z mounts.
- Leica – just announced a new APO-Summicron-SL 35mm f/2 ASPH lens which will sell for $4600 (you can use it with the upcoming S1/S1R Pansonic bodies if you like).
- Pentax – Pentax introduced a new (large) fast prime lens – the new HD PENTAX-D FA* 85mm F1.4.
- 7Artisans – introduced a new APS-C macro lens – the 60mm f/2.8 1:1 Macro for mirrorless cameras including Sony E mount and Fuji X mount, EF-M mount and Micro 4/3. The lens will be sold starting from April 2019 for around $200.
- Shoten – announced a new version (III) of its SPEEDMASTER 50 mm F 0.95 for both E mount Z mount and RF mounts that will be available from April 2019 for $875.
- Voigtlander – introduced 3 new lenses:
- NOKTON 50mm F1.2 Aspherical E-mount ($1340 in April).
- NOKTON 21mm F1.4 Aspherical E-mount
- NOKTON Vintage Line 75mm F1.5 Aspherical VM
If you don’t want to miss any new photography product be sure to check out our product photography section on our photo gear channel.