4K displays are so last year – get ready for the next big thing – the new Dell UP2715K which boost an unbelievable 5120×2880 pixel resolution – or 14.7 Megapixels.
The guys from MaximumPC had an exclusive look at the upcoming Dell UP2715K. The first commercial prosumer level 5K display. Its very hard to judge from the video, but being able to use so many pixels could be extremely helpful for both video editors and image editors (high-end gamers would probably also drool over this screen). By the way the video you see on the screen on the video above is a true 5K resolution H.265 video (possibly shot with RED camera), contrary to what Gordon from MaximumPC said in the video .
The Dell UP2715K
Here are some of the specs for this new behemoth:
- 70% more pixels than your regular “outdated” 4K display.
- 218 pixels per square inch, and color depth of 1 billion colors.
- Requires not one but 2 DisplayPorts (1.2) (on the video above – running on a powerful Nvidia Quadro K5000 video card).
- 16W integrated Harmon Kardon speakers
- Price: $2500 (availability – end of 2014).
We still don’t have the full specifications (including all connections and more importantly panel type – is it TN or IPS – we are not sure).
If you don’t want to miss any new photography product be sure to check out our product photography section on our photo gear channel.