First Hands On with the Tamron SP 35mm and 45mm F/1.8 Di VC USD lenses
Earlier today Tamron introduced two fast stabilized prime lenses from its SP series – the SP 35mm F1.8 Di VC USD and the SP 45mm F1.8 Di VC USD.
The above video is currently the only hands on video of these two new lenses (by Michael Palmer from Steve’s Digicams). Below you can see the main specs of the two.
Specs for the Tamron SP 35mm F1.8 Di VC USD and the SP 45mm F1.8 Di VC USD:
- 35mm and 45mm f/1.8 Full Frame lenses for Canon/Nikon mounts (Sony A-mount with no VC will come later this year).
- 10 elements in 9 groups (8 groups for the 45mm).
- Macro magnification 1:2.5 (and 1:3.4 for the 45mm).
- Filter thread 67mm.
- eBAND and the improved BBAR coatings for reduced ghosting and flare.
- 9 blades aperture.
- Ultrasonic Silent Drive.
- Vibration reduction mechanism (on the Canon/Nikon versions).
- Weight 479g/16.9 oz (Canon version) for the 35mm and 539g/19 oz (Canon version) for the 45mm.
- Price: $600 – for each of the new lenses (you can pre-order them on B&H).
The two new SP Tamron lenses
If you don’t want to miss any new photography product be sure to check out our product photography section on our photo gear channel.