First Look at the Atomos Shogun Flame & Ninja Flame Recording Monitors
Atomos recently introduced two updated recording monitors – the Shogun Flame & Ninja Flame. Both are 7″ monitors which can record High Dynamic Range video, are extremely bright with hot-swap dual battery system that allows for uninterrupted shooting.
The video above from Adorama is a first look at what these new monitors can do and how they have improved over the previous generation from Atomos (better display with HDR 10 bit and very bright for outdoor use, both 4K @30p recording, more rugged design with two Sony style NP battery slots which are hot swappable with faster charger).
here are some specs for both monitors/recorders:
- Display: 7 inch 1920 x 1200 resolution, HDR technology with 10-bit (optional calibrating).
- Brightness: 1500 nits.
- Recording: 4K@30p and 1080p@120fps can record RAW with Sony FS700/FS7 and Canon C500/C300MKII (with future firmware).
- Media: SSD/HHD from different brands.
- Audio: 2 channel balanced XLR analog in/out, 48V Phantom power.
- Power Dual battery (NP style), hot swappable and rear D-Tap to DC cable.
- Battery Life: Up to 2.2 hours with 7800mAh battery (recording at 4k).
- 10-bit processing — 1.07 billion colors vs. 16.7 million of traditional 8-bit panels
- 3G/6G/12G SDI Input and 3G/6G/12G SDI Output (Shogun)
- HDMI 1.4b Input and HDMI 1.4b Output (Both versions)
- Weight 1094g / 38.6oz (including batteries and SSD).
- Software – many improvements including
- Price: Shogun flame – $1,700 and Ninja flame – $1,300.
Shogun Flame and Ninja Flame official video by Atomos
You can find out more on HDSLR related products on our HDSLR gear section.