First Look at Zoom’s Compact F1 Field Recorder
Zoom recently introduced a new compact field recorder called F1 meant for on the go shooters for use with Lav mics or Zooms own microphone capsules.
At NAMM 2018 Zoom introduced a new inexpensive field recorder. The F1 can be ideal for interviews or weddings (to put on your talent) or using a Zoom shotgun mic capsule to be used on your camera (or next to your talent).
B&H Aaron Belinfanti talks to Zoom about the F1
Here are some of the specs for the new Zoom F1 Field Recorder:
- Channels: Two-channel audio recorder.
- Mics: Compatible with Zoom microphone capsules.
- Recording: up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio.
- LCD: 1.25” monochrome
- Connectivity: Stereo ⅛” Mic/Line in mini phone jack with Plug-in power (2.5V) and Stereo ⅛” Phone/Line output jack (with a dedicated volume control).
- Limiter” Built-in limiter and auto level control to avoid clipping
- Pre-Record function
- Tone generator and Sound marker for syncing audio between the F1 and a camera.
- Media: Records to micro SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB. Can be used audio interface with computer or iOS device (using Micro USB port)
- Power: 2 AAA batteries (Up to 10 hours of operation), or AC adapter (AD-17).
- Weight: 4.8 ounces/136 grams.
- Price: $200 with Lavalier.
If you are into sound recording for video productions check out this link which covers both equipment and techniques here on LensVid.