Kupo Click Stand Quick Review
Several months ago Taiwan based studio accessory manufacturer Kupo, unveiled two series of unique light stands with special interlocking mechanism which allows you to carry them easily togther. Earlier this weekend photographer Jay P. Morgan (from the Slanted Lens) took the Kupo Click Stand for a quick review and we take a look along with him.
We actually looked at the Kupo Click Stands when they were first released – here is a quick reminder of the company describes their properties:
- There are 7 and an 8 foot long Kupo Clicks.
- They have Bi-color injection knobs which offer a positive locking and ergonomic grip.
- They include a quick release clamp design on the central column for easy setup.
- They are equipped with a 5/8″ top stud with a 3/8″ threaded, plus a removable 1/4″-20 threaded top.
- They have double leg struts for extra stability and strength.
- Many units can stand alone when folded and connected.
According to Kupo: “The unique four-way interlocking design provides no boundary of having stands put together and keeping your kits well organized when they are closed for storage or transport”.
The Click Stands are made from lightweight aluminium alloy and have a very compact size (27.9 inches/71 cm long when folded and only 2.4 lbs/1.09 kg in weight). They are air-cushioned to prevent lighting fixture from slamming down when the locking knob is not tightened properly and you can strap several of them together for even easier transporting on your shoulder.
If you don’t want to miss any new photography product be sure to check out our product photography section on our photo gear channel. you can find all of Jay P. Morgan’s videos here on LensVid on the following link.