Earlier today RODE introduced several new products including a new professional level wireless audio system with some advanced features and a relatively affordable price tag.
The RØDELink Digital Wireless Audio System uses what the company calls – “next-generation 2.4GHz, 128-bit encrypted digital transmission” which is sent on two channels simultaneously, providing a high-resolution 24-bit/44.1k digital audio signal at a range of up to 100 meters (around 110 yards).
The system which will be available in April 2015 for the price of $400 will have the following features:
- Transmitter and Receiver as well as a lavalier Mic (3.5mm) in the kit.
- Series II 2.4 GHz Digital transmission (8000 different channel combination).
- 128-Bit Encrypted Signal.
- 24-Bit/44.1 kHz Lossless transmission.
- 100m Range
- One Touch Pairing & OLED display.
- 3-Level Gain Control
- powered by bot USB and AA batteries.
Besides the RØDELink Digital Wireless Audio System, Rode also announced 2 new shotgun microphones: the NTG4 and NTG4+. These new mics will be a step up from the popular NTG 1 and 2 shotguns, will have higher audio quality but similar size. The NTG4+ has a built in battery which can be charged using a USB.
More info on the NTG4 and NTG4+
On LensVid we have a very extensive section devoted to sound recording for video productions which covers both equipment and techniques here on LensVid.