If you are using one of the new full-frame Sony cameras which works with the Z batteries (Sony NPFZ100) you might be interested in a charger that is both fast and inexpensive. Photographer Dave Dugdale published an interesting comparison looking at several models under $300 and how fast they charge.
Dugdale looked at the following products:
- Hahnel Cube2: Dual charger – 125 min – around $80
- Sony’s BC-QZ1: original single charger -130 min – $88.
- Watson Duo Charger: dual charger – 169 min $69.
- Watson Compact AC/DC Charger: single charger – 276 min – $20.
- USB 3.1 cable: this is a similar cable to the original charging cable from Sony (but by Pearstone) – 285 minutes – $10.
- Power2000 PT-100: a single charger (with car charger connector) – 365 min – $10.
All tests were done at a temperature of 65 degrees (18c) according to Dugdale.
There are some other aspects you need to take into account the fact that the Hahnel Cube2 doesn’t seem to report the exact battery status so if it shows 100% it might actually be 95% (we encountered something similar with other chargers as well).