Earlier today Adobe introduced its latest version of Photoshop CC (as well as some updates to a few other products), the latest incarnation is called 2015.5 (why not 2016? will we see a bigger release in 2016? we don’t know yet). On the video above Photoshop expert Jesús Ramirez (from the Photoshop training channel) looks at some of the main features this new release brings.
Last year’s major update tp Photoshop CC was mostly targeted at designers (with a few minor feature updates for photographers), this year it seems to be more even with features that will interest Photographers and other users of Photoshop as well.
Here is a partial list of improvements, changes and additions to the 2015.5 addition of Photoshop (full list with explanations on the Adobe help page):
- Better collaboration with Libraries (and updated Libraries panel).
- Select and Mask workspace.
- Face-Aware Liquify.
- Content-Aware Crop.
- Match Font.
- On-canvas glyph alternatives.
- Improvements to Adobe Stock integration.
- Embed color profiles into exported assets.
- 3D printing (using 3MF files).
- Improvements to artboards.
- Faster performance (Photoshop CC now opens documents faster and delivers great responsiveness. Content-Aware Fill is now up to 3X faster with even better results).
- Enhancements to Creative Cloud Libraries.
A look at the new Select and Mask Taskspace in Photoshop CC with Julieanne Kost from Adobe
Kost on The Content-Aware Crop Tool in Photoshop CC 2015.5