Apple iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Hands-on – The Photographic Perspectiv
Earlier today Apple announced the new iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus smartphones with some interesting new photography related features (especially the 7 Plus. The following includes a quick (CNET) hands on with the 7 Plus and its dual camera, some video segments from the press event and a look at the specs of both smartphones.
Some of the main specs of the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus
- There is a new processor – new and faster Apple A10 Fusion (4 cores) with 6 graphics cores.
- Both iPhone 7 and 7 Plus new 12 MP back cameras but the Plus has dual cameras – one with 28 and one with 58mm lenses which can work together to create 2X “optical” zoom and 10X digital zoom. Both has larger 1/3″ sensors and a new, faster f/1.8 aperture with phase detection autofocus, OIS and quad-LED (dual tone) flash.
- Both cameras has 7MP front facing cameras (slight increase from the previous model).
- Both the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus are water (1m) and dust-resistant.
- There is no longer a 3.5mm headphone jack in the phone itself – Apple moved to a wireless headphone system – airpod (both devices now include stereo speakers).
- Both devices have a new force touch (no physical touch home button).
- Battery life has been improved to 21 hours talk time, 16 hours standby, 13 hours LTE.
- OS will be the iOS 10.
- Pricing: $649/$769/$849 (depending on the model – 32GB, 128GB or 256GB). The iPhone 7 Plus will be sold for around $100-$120 extra over rthe iPhone 7.
A look at the iPhone 7 / iPhone 7 plus
If you don’t want to miss any new photography product be sure to check out our product photography section.