LG G4 Hands-On
After the Samsung Galaxy S6 flagship which was recently announced (see here) we now also have a new flagship from LG and it brings quite a few interesting improvements for photographers.
The LG G3 was fairly positively accepted (although some might say that it was not as big as the LG G2 was at the time), history aside, the new G4 seems like a good incremental development, improving on the previous generation in several key areas including the processor (8 cores instead of 4), the screen (same size/resolution but with new “Quantum Display” technology for better contrast and brightness), OS and interface (latest Android 5.1) and of course both cameras which get a boost in both functionality and hardware.
The new LG G4
Lets look at the general specs of the LG G4 first:
- Processors: Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 Processor with X10 LTE (8 cores @1.8GHz)
- OS: Android 5.1 Lollipop.
- RAM: 3GB,
- Storage: 32 (with external micoSD option).
- LCD: 5.5-inch Quad HD IPS Quantum Display (2560 x 1440, 538ppi) – same size/resolutioon as the G3 but with Quantum dot technology for better contrast and brightness.
- Cameras: Rear 16MP (40% larger sensor than the G3) with F/1.8 Aperture / OIS 2.0 / Front 8MP with F/2.0 Aperture, 4K video, Image stabilization and a WB sensor.
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 4.1LE / NFC / USB 2.0.
- Networking: 4G / LTE / HSPA+ 21 Mbps (3G).
- weight: 155 grams.
- Battery: 3000 mAh, replaceable.
- Availability: End of May 2015/early July (price TBD).
G4 – the fastest lens of any smartphone on the market
Above is a quick look the guys over at The Verge did with the new G4 – below we added 2 other hands on (if you want a bot more on this new device).
Android Authority’s longer look at the G4
Finally, Android Central look at the new smartphone flagship from LG
You can check out many more smartphone-related photography videos here on LensVid.