During the recent IBC show which ended earlier this month, Matt Allard from NewsShooter.com has a talk with Atomos CEO Jeromy Young regarding the new Power Station device for powering accessories as well as the ongoing progress of the Shogun 4K recorder and the new coiled HDMI cable range.
The new Atomos Power Station is a very interesting device. It can take two batteries of different types and feed the power into specific Canon/Sony or Panasonic cameras for extended video work.
Here is a short list of features:
- A dual Battery System.
- The ability to mount beneath a camera using 1/4″-20 screw.
- Compatible with Sony L-Series Batteries / Nikon ENL6 / Canon EL6.
- Batteries are Hot-Swappable so you can change one on the go.
- Dual 6.2 to 8.4 VDC Power Outputs.
- DC Splitter Cable for connecting different devices such s lighting, cameras, displays etc.
- Dual USB power outputs – for charging tablets, smartphones and other accessories.
- Independent 5-Step Battery Level Meters.
- Two 2600 mAh Batteries Included.
- Price $295.
You can find more details on the Atomos website.
If you don’t want to miss any new photography product be sure to check out our product photography section on our photo gear channel. You can also see the first video showing the Shogun 4K recorder here.