Canon 6D Mark II a Hands-on First Look
Canon introduced two new cameras today – the EOS 6D Mark II and the EOS 200D or as it is called in the U.S. – EOS Rebel SL2 – both have some interesting features and we are bringing you some initial impressions and some general specs for the two cameras.
So the more interesting of the two is definitely the 6D MKII. This camera has been a (very) long time coming. The original version was introduced just before Photokina 2012 (were were actually there to try it out for the first time) and interestingly Canon decided to skip its update time and time again for almost 5 years until today.
So what changed with the new model 5 years later? well, externally – not much – internally it is a different story – here are some of the changes:
- New higher res sensor – 26.2 megapixel (Full Frame).
- New and much faster processor – DIGIC 7.
- Sensitivity – 100-40,000 (native ISO).
- Auto-focus – 45 points all cross type (enhanced sensitivity – up to f/8 support in the center points).
- video – 1080p up to 60p (yes, no 4K on this one either but you do get video stabilizer and HDR video mode). Including Dual Pixel CMOS AF.
- Shooting speed – up to 6.5 fps.
- Shutter speed – 30-1/4000. sec.
- Memory – a single SD slot.
- Connectivity – WIFI/NFC/BT and GPS.
- 3″ touch screen (articulated).
- Dust/splash proof.
- Price: $2000 (body only).
Wex Photographic in the U.K. did an interview with Canon and a look at the new camera
Official Canon video – introduction to the EOS 6D MKII
Official Canon video – AF up to F8 with the Canon 6D MKII
Official Canon video – behind Scene of Shooting “TSUKIJI” with Canon EOS 6D Mark II
The second camera is the EOS Rebel SL2/EOS 200D – another update to a previous camera – this time it is the small DSLR entry level camera with one feature that we feel is very exciting for the price.
Here are some specs:
- 24MP sensor (APS-C).
- DIGIC 7 processor.
- Dual Pixel AF s for video and 9 point AF system for stills.
- Video – 1080p at up to 60p.
- Shooting speed – 3.5 fps (with AF).
- WIFI/BT/NFC (no GPS).
- Price: $550 (body only).
Official Canon video – EOS 200D
If you don’t want to miss any new photography product be sure to check out our product photography section on our photo gear channel.