Canon Announces the EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM
Today Canon introduced the new EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM – a long anticipated fast prime. Canon also introduced to the U.S. market the already announced EOS M3 mirrorless camera and two new lenses.
Larry Becker from Kely One and B&H gave a quick specs tour on the announcements from Canon in the top video, what he didn’t mention is the pricing and as you can see below the new Canon 35mm is going to be pricey – especially when you consider that very good and much cheaper alternative from Sigma.
Here are the main specs for the lens:
- EF Mount (L-Series Lens) with Full-Frame coverage.
- Aperture Range: f/1.4-22.
- Blue Spectrum Refractive Optics for improved chromatic aberration control.
- 14 elements with 11 groups (2 Aspherical Elements, 1 UD Element).
- Subwavelength and Fluorine Coatings.
- Ultrasonic Autofocus Motor.
- Full-Time Manual Focus Override.
- Weather-Sealed Design.
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm.
- Price: $1800.
A short official (Japanese) video of the new EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM
If you don’t want to miss any new photography product be sure to check out our product photography section on our photo gear channel.