Canon EOS 70D – Highlight video
Earlier today Canon announced a new and according to it a revolutionary new camera – the EOS 70D.We have already brought to you one official video today of the new camera (courtesy of Canon Australia). This current short video From Canon North America shows the main features of the camera. Later on today we shall publish the first hands on of the EOS-70D.
Quick reminder: The EOS-70D brings Hybrid AF technology to a whole new level with 19 cross type phase detection points covering up to 80% of the image frame in live view and video modes (as well as 19 cross type points which are available when using the viewfinder – same system as the 7D).
Here is a partial specs list of the new camera:
- New 20.2 Megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor.
- Improved sensitivity – 100 to 12,800 ISO (with 25,600 ISO as boost).
- On-chip AF phase detection (Dual Pixel AF technology which should be significantly faster than existing hybrid systems).
- Full time AF (based on phase detection in all AF points) in video (for the first time in DSLR).
- Dedicated autofocus sensor (same as in the 7D).
- 19 AF points all cross type (when used with the viewfinder – same AF system found in the Canon EOS-7D)
- Preview for creative filters effects before shooting.
- 63-zone iFCL metering system.
- 98% viewfinder coverage, 0.95x magnification.
- 1080p30 video recording, stereo sound via external mic.
- Continuous shooting speed – 7fps
- 3″ articulated touch LCD with 1040k dots.
- Built in WIFI (similar to the 6D but with no GPS).
- HDR feature (JPEG only).
- Price: $1200 – starting September 2013 (available for pre-order at B&H).