On this video Chris Niccolls and Jordan Drake from from the Camera Store in Canada take a look at the new Canon 80D.
The 80D brings some interesting things to the table – it has a 24MP sensor bringing it to the same resolution as most of the competition as well as much improved ISO performance, it also has improved dual pixel technology which is – as Drake states a step up from the 70D in terms of being able to use more lenses (not just STM ones) to work well with it. There are also small things like a headphone jack which we think should have been included in all cameras with video for some time now but was actually lacking in the previous Canon model.
We still don’t have 4K or log and better high resolution slow motion capabilities, so Canon still has a few things to improveat least when it comes to video.
A quick reminder of the EOS 80D main specs:
- A new 24MP CMOS Sensor (APS-C with Dual Pixel CMOS AF)
- DIGIC6 Image Processor.
- 7560 pixel RGB + IR photometry sensor.
- New AF system with 45 points (all points cross type). AF distance measuring point of maximum 27 points F8 and -3EV AF.
- 3.0″ articulated touch screen.
- Continuous shooting speed – 7fps (buffer – 77 JPEG/20 RAW).
- Video: HD 1080p @ 60fps (with headphone and earphone jacks).
- Viewfinder – 100% coverage.
- Built-In Wi-Fi and NFC.
- Price: Canon EOS 80D body only – $1200.