First Look: Manfrotto Carry On Bags Photokina 2018
During Photokina 2018 we had a chance to take a look at Manfrotto’s new line of carrying on photography bags which includes no less than 6 new products. Valentina from Manfrotto was here to guide us through some of the features of these new bags (she also accompanied us when we looked at Gitzo’s new line and she will be with us again in a number of upcoming videos as well).
Manfrotto has quite an extensive carry on collection already but in Photokina 2018 the company had really outdone itself by releasing no less than six new products in this category, two of which are hard cases.
Here is the list of the new products plus a few of their main features:
- Pro light reloader air-55 – the newest iteration of Manfrotto’s carry on photography wheeled bag. The 55 is the bigger version (13.98 x 21.65 x 9.06″ / 35.51 x 54.99 x 23.01 cm) but is still considered fairly light at 3.7kg. The bag can accommodate up to 2 Pro DSLRs, 4 Lenses and a 17″ Laptop or a DSLR & an attached 400 f/2.8 lens. It has a side pocket for holding a tripod, side/top Grip Handles and it is made of water repellent materials. Price: $380.
- Pro light reloader air-50 – similar to the air 55 but with smaller dimensions that should fit almost any airline (including local flights). The air 50 measures 13.98 x 19.68 x 7.87″ / 35.51 x 49.99 x 19.99 cm, weighs 3.2kg and can accommodate up to a 15″ laptop. It cost $340.
- Pro light reloader spin-55 – a new type of photography roller which has 4 wheels (like a language case), with a photography insert that can be removed (to use this case as a regular carry on luggage). It has a hard case exterior with a top part that opens for your laptop up to 15″ and an option to take out the camera quickly). The bag has an option to connect a tripod on the side and can hold up to a 400mm f/2.8 lens along with two bodies with several smaller lenses. It measures 13.98 x 21.65 x 9.06″ / 35.51 x 54.99 x 23.01 cm and weighs 3.7kg. Price: $400.
- Pro light reloader switch-55 – Manfrotto’s first roller bag with shoulder straps (can be used as both a roller and a backpack). Other than the shoulder straps this unit is identical to the reloader air-55. Price: $390.
- Pro light reloader tough 55 HighLid – a hard case with two wheels, lightweight design (4.6kg) and secure (build with military grade materials), it measures (13.78 x 8.86 x 21.65″ / 35 x 22.5 x 54.99 cm) and has a retractable handle, side Handle, tripod pocket and a tripod strap. Price: $330.
- Pro light reloader tough 55 LowLid – another hard case (made in Italy) with 2 wheels, lightweight (4.5kg) and secure (build with military grade materials), this one is a bit smaller (13.78 x 7.87 x 21.65″ / 35 x 19.99 x 54.99 cm) but has the same general properties (including the strap system for holding a tripod). Price: $300.
The get all of our videos and interviews from Photokina don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel and you will be able to find all of the articles from Photokina 2018 on this link on LensVid.