On this video Bohuš Blahut from Fotodiox takes a look at the new and interesting adapter for Sony E and FE mount cameras with AF and aperture change capabilities.
Sony E mount cameras are gaining momentum and there are quite a few adapters on the market with AF capabilities for Canon lenses. Nikon AF adapters for Sony have been more rare with Commlite and Vello released there versions and now Fotodiox has one of its own.
So what does the Fotodiox FUSION offers for Nikon users who moved to shooting with Sony? Here is a full list:
- Aperture control (in full Auto, Aperture Priority, and Program AE modes).
- Full auto-focus,
- Image stabilization (with compatible lenses)
- EXIF confirmation.
- Power from the camera.
- Compatible with all manual vintage Nikon F mount lenses.
- Infinity focus guaranteed for all Nikon lenses.
- Aluminum construction with integrated baseplate and 1/4-20″ mount for supporting longer and heavier .
Although the adapter can work with any E-mount camera, Fotodiox recommends only ones with phase detection AF which are:
• a6000, a6300, a6500
• a7, a7 II, a7R II
The Fotodiox FUSION sells for $350.
If you don’t want to miss any new photography product be sure to check out our product photography section. You can also check out a number of previous videos of Fotodiox products that we covered here on LensVid on this link.