We have been promised a cinema oriented smart bulb by Aputure for the better part of a year now and it is finally here in the form of the Accent B7c. This small 7W bulb has a built-in battery very wide temperature range and high CRI plus app control and more.
With so many dedicated video lights it is hard to remember that there is still a lot of room for your good old E26/E27 bulb on many sets especially as part of some practical lights, atmosphere lights, etc. The problem was that although you could find high CRI bulbs around (see for example our reviews of the 10W Yuji and 36W Yuji bulbs with high CRI), finding ones that you can dim, or control easily from an app (if you are using several) or change color temperature (or actual color) was not really an option (regular smart bulbs are great but they are not high CRI and thus nut typically suitable to be used on set.
In the above video, Gerald Undone takes a look at the Aputure Accent B7c, makes some comparison to a regular 8W LED, and shows some of the use cases for the bulb.
The Aputure Accent B7c bulb – so much potential in such a small package
So what can the Aputure Accent B7c do and what features does it have?
- 7W RGBWW LED E26/E27 (100-200V 50/60hz).
- 70 min battery life at full power (20h on the lowest setting).
- 1-100% dimmabale *up to 1000fps no fliker).
- 9 different effects (including Paparazzi, Fireworks, Faulty Bulb, Lightning, TV, Party, Pulsing, Cop Car, and Fire).
- Sidus Link (Aputure app) support.
- There will be an 8-Light Charge Case (price and availability are still TBD).
- Price: $70 available starting October 2020.
The official Accent B7c video
If you don’t want to miss any new photography product be sure to check out our product photography section on our photo gear channel.