During Photokina 2018 we had a chance to talk to Tim Sadler from Joby who introduced us to some of the new Joby products announced at the show.
At Photokina 2018, Joby (now part of the Vitec group which also includes Manfrotto, Gitzo, Lowepro, and many others) introduced 2 new GorillaPods with an emphasis on video:
- Joby GorillaPod 5K Video PRO – A new GorillaPod kit with a 4kg/8.8lbs payload, a fluid head, and accessory flexible arm (for mics, LEDs etc.). Price is $190.
- Joby GorillaPod 3K Video PRO – a similar but smaller and lighter version for mirrorless and smaller DSLRs up to 3KG/6.6lbs. Price is $130.
There is also a new line of Joby products called TelePod which is designed to hold smartphones and smaller cameras and help you take some selfies on the go. This line which was introduced earlier this year includes 4 models:
- TelePod GripTight PRO – Telescopes from 13.5″ to 31″; load capacity up to 2.2 pounds, 1/4″-20 tripod mount, includes adjustable legs, adjustable tilt and landscape/portrait modes, and BT remote. Price – $100.
- TelePod 325 – small camera tripod/selfie stick with a 0.7 lbs payload and 7.5″-24″ telescope arm. Price – $40.
- TelePod Mobile – a mobile version of the 325 with a BT remote. Price $60.
- TelePod Pro Kit -a more powerful heavy duty version of the 325 for cameras up to
- Price $80.
The get all of our videos and interviews from Photokina don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel and you will be able to find all of the articles from Photokina 2018 on this link on LensVid.