A year ago Rhino Camera Gear launched a Kickstarter campaign for their new Arc II – a 4 axis robotic camera head with both wireless control and onboard controller that allows the user to quickly set up multi-point repeatable moves with a camera as well as a host of other functions. Now, this new robotic head/slider combo is ready for prime time and is going into the hands of several reviewers who seem to be truly impressed by its capabilities.
Here is a reminder on some of the specs and features of the Rhino Arc II:
- 15lb/7kg load capacity on pan & tilt (two motor options – one for horizontal and a slower one for vertical movement).
- Stand-alone functionality lets you replace your fluid head for repeatable motorized movements.
- Self screws to the slider/tripod.
- Backward compatible with Rhino Slider EVO and EVO Motor.
- Optional motorized follow focus (Rhino Focus).
- Capture day to night time-lapses with Light Lapse (should be available later on).
- Built-in output for powering your DSLR or Mirrorless (requires optional Rhino Power dummy battery).
- Built-in 501 plate receiver (includes 501 compatible plate).
- OLED screen and dual joysticks for live control over all 4 axis.
- iOS app for remotely controlling and more control over keyframes (Android is in the works and more keyframe options as well).
- Face tracking (using a mounted smartphone).
- Fast motorized mounting using the unit’s pan motor.
Fstoppers talk to Kyle from Rhino Camera Gear who demos the Rhino Arc II system
Tom Antos takes a look at the Rhino Arc II
We have covered many other products for HDSLR and video on our HDSLR section here on LensVid.