This video tutorial by portrait photographer Nathaniel Dodson (from the website tutvid) takes a look at 10 important hotkeys in Photoshop CC.
According to Dodson it doesn’t matter if you’re a beginner or an advanced “power user”, these hotkeys are time-saving tricks that will get used on a daily basis to help you speed through your Photoshop work. Some are well known – others slightly less so.
Here are the hotkeys and their time in the video above:
- 00:41 Create a New Layer
- 00:59 Duplicating a Layer
- 01:17 Grouping/Ungrouping Layers
- 01:44 Merge all Visible Layers
- 03:44 Merge only Selected Layers to New Layer
- 04:09 Hotkeys for Adjustment Layers
- 07:05 Bring Back Last Used Settings for Adjustments
- 09:18 Layer Mask Hotkeys
- 10:36 Setting & Flipping Foreground & Background Colors
- 11:05 Filling a Selection or Color Fill Layer
- 12:10 Make the Brush Larger/Smaller or Harder/Softer
- 12:57 Adjusting and Transforming Your Workspace Hotkey
- 13:30 Flipping Through Open Documents
- 14:03 Free Transform
- 15:06 Zoom to Fit Instantly
- 15:45 Spring-Loaded Navigation Hand Tool
This isn’t the first time that Dodson does this sort of list – in the past we published his 10 Things You Never Knew About Photoshop CC, 10 Best and Worst Things in Photoshop CC and his 31 Hidden Hotkeys in Photoshop CC amongst other tutorials.