Everything you Need to Know About the New Adobe Lightroom 6/CC
Earlier today Adobe introduced the 6’th version of its popular Lightroom software as well as a long awaited Creative Cloud version of the software – we bring you a comprehensive look.
The above video is Laurra Shoe‘s take on some of the new features in Lightroom CC and Lightroom 6 – below you can find many more videos by Adobe and others looking at some of those in more depth.
Lightroom reach for the Cloud
Here is a list of some of the main features of Adobe Lightroom 6/CC (more on Adobe’s site):
- GPU acceleration – Lightroom now support faster work using your graphics card – for supported cards (just use: Select Preferences > Performance. Now, select Use Graphics Processor).
- Face recognition – lets you quickly organize, tag & find images using facial recognition technology.
- HDR photo merge – Now you can merge multiple exposure-bracketed images into a single HDR image in Lightroom.
- Panorama merge – Now you can easily merge photos of a landscape into a breathtaking panorama – including RAW images!
- Fix pet eye effect – just like red eye but for pets.
- Filter brushes – Now you can easily change graduated filter and radial Filter masks using brush controls.
- Slideshow-related improvements – now it is possible to adjust the amount of panning and zooming using a convenient slider control, add up to 10 music tracks to slideshows, automatically synchronize slide transitions to music and more.
- Creative Cloud support – share and exchange images and files between your computers and devices on Adobe’s Creative Cloud (only on Lightroom CC).
As for pricing The CC version will add to the Creative Cloud package (starting at $10/month) or you can by the Lightroom 6 as a stand-alone software for just under $150.
We collected a list of interesting videos from around the web looking at different features of the new Lightroom:
What’s New in the Develop Module in Lightroom CC & 6 with Laura Shoe
Colin Smith on HDR merge in Lightroom CC
A look at the new panorama merge in Lightroom CC
Using the new facial recognition in Lightroom CC
Some hidden gems in Lightroom CC
Terry White shares his top 6 favorite features in Lightroom CC
How To Take Advantage of the Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan – with White
Bonus: Adobe also released the 9’th version of Camera RAW today with new RAW panorama capabilities