A First Look at Luminar 2018
After Adobe’s announcement of Lightroom CC and the move to a fully subscription-based product line for Adobe, many users have been looking for a software that will allow them to have more or less the same workflow and feature set but one that they will not have to pay for on a month-by-month basis – here comes Luminar which just got a brand new version – now for Windows and Mac users as well as some new capabilities and a relatively low (one time) price tag.
Luminar 2018 for PC and Mac
Software company Macphun (the company actually changed their name to Skylum Software a few days ago) recently released a new version of its image editing software Luminar. The software was once for Mac only users but with the latest release Windows, users will be able to enjoy it as well and a few other new things including an improved user interface, new filters, and improvements on old filters (later on there should also be a new Digital Asset Management feature but we are not sure when or what exactly it will add).
Luminar 2018 new filters
On the video above Marlene Hielema gives a walkthrough of the new Luminar and some of its capabilities.
Here are the 10 features Macphun is promoting for Luminar 2018 (there are many more of course):
- Scalable, adaptive user interface with custom workspaces
- Raw file conversion & non-destructive editing
- Over 100 one-click presets
- Over 40 image enhancement filters
- Stackable layers with brushes and an advanced layer masking system
- History panel with multiple undos and exportable history for resumable editing
- Realtime noise reduction
- Object removal and clone & stamp (available for Mac, coming soon to PC)
- Operates as a standalone or plug-in
- Complete digital asset manager with support for Lightroom catalogs (coming in 2018)
Luminar 2018 b&w editing
Luminar 2018 is currently on pre-order (for $60) until November 15.